Monday 29 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Day #19 : Contemporary Entertainment

Hey Bloggers! Today is Day #19 of the Summer Learning Journey. I've been so busy with travels down to Rotorua and so much more! Let's Begin!

Activity 1 : Moana
moana.jpg
Image Attribution

In late 2016, the movie Moana was released by Disney. It’s a beautiful story about a young Polynesian girl from the fictional island of Motunui, who goes on a big adventure.

I have been asked to watch the Disney Movie Trailer for " Moana " and then write a summary! I have seen the movie, I can include my favourite part! I also can tell you as much as I can about the movie.

Here are my answers!

What is the movie about? The movie is about a young girl named Moana who lives in the islands of polynesia, on her island Motunui and her mission is to find the demi-god Maui to get him to restore the heart of a island named Te Fiti.

Who are the main characters? The main characters are Moana, Maui, and Hei-Hei her ( Pet Chicken ).

Where do they go? They travel around and across the South Pacific Ocean to restore the heart of Te - Fiti.

Activity 2 : Country Calendar

Image result for country calendar
Image Attribution
Did you know that the longest running television show in New Zealand history is a programme called ‘Country Calendar’? It started on 6 March 1966 and has been running ever since. The programme includes stories of everyday New Zealanders, many of whom are farmers.

I have been asked to watch a video by Country Calendar. It's basically a show about the Country and farming. Here are some questions:

What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? I think the most interesting/challenging about being a farmer is transporting around the farm. It would be really annoying and stressful!

Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. No.

Why/why not? Well I wouldn't want to do so much challenging stuff.

Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.

Stressful Transportation, Lots of Work.

Image result for music
Image Attribution
Bonus Activity : Singing a Different Tune

It may be hard to imagine, but one day you will graduate from high school and it will be time to decide what to do next. You may want to study at university, become an apprentice, go to training college, travel, or start working. There are so many options!

I have been asked to name my favourite song on my blog and write the lyrics. I don't really have a favourite song. I love heaps of songs and there are so many to choose from!

Thanks for reading!
By Mitchell.M
29/01/17



1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.