Monday 7 August 2017

Mitchell's Speech - My culture is important

Good Morning! Here is my speech about why culture is important!

Reason 1: I think culture is important because it’s really important to remember your ancestry.


Culture! Have you ever wondered about your culture? I’m pretty sure you’ve been wondering about where you originate from right? Well you probably do know your Samoan,Tongan, Cook Island and Maori, but it’s time to think back. It’s pretty important to remember your heritage. Like what if you have royal blood, that’s something really important to cherish.


Did you ever wonder about where your great grandmother’s mother is from? They may be from Russia, Tahiti, or even Kenya! That’s meaning that you’re ancestors are from different places!

Reason 2: Another reason why culture is important is because your Family Tree and Ancestors may have different origins.



Did you know? - that your many of your ancestors have all came from different origins. For example let’s say your great,great,great,great,great grandmother from Tonga married your great, great, great, great, great grandfather from Germany! That may mean you have German traces in your DNA, if your grandparents have German DNA.


Reason 3: The last reason why you’re culture is important is because your language is important too.


If you’re fluent in your native language you have a very special talent! I think learning your native language is important because what if it dies out. Imagine one day the native language of your country has died out because people have forgotten or lost the traditional ways. It also represents your identity and culture and also your family!


Reason 4: My culture!


Finally let me tell you why my culture is important! My ethnicity conclude of Fijian and Tongan descent with some German. On my Fijian family I am a descendant of the Vuanirewa Dynasty that has ruled the Lauen Island since it first has been discovered so that is a big part of my culture! With my Tongan Family I am from the Islands of Ha’apai and from the Village of Pe’a on Tongatapu.

Thanks for reading!
By Mitchell.M
07/08/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.