Saturday 21 January 2017

Mitchell Summer learning journey Day # 18 - Famous/Infamous Animals

Good morning bloggers! Only 2 more days until I finish the Summer learning journey.I will really be sad. Today is day 18 and today I will be blogging about animals. Let's begin!

Activity 1 - Zoo
I have been invited to tour the National Zoo with some students from the local schools. I have to imagine that I have just entered the Zoo. On my blog I have to tell you what I might see on my visit. I have been asked to start off my sentence with this : I had just entered the zoo when, all of a sudden, I saw… I have to aim for a blog post with 8 - 10 sentences in length. 

Image result for lion at zooImage result for panda at zooStart: I had just entered the zoo when, all of a sudden, I saw… a fierce lion who was about to get fed from the zoo keeper. He really stood out because he had very bright golden hair and his eyes were as dark as someone's black hair. The zoo keeper dropped a humongous piece of fat juicy pork into his wide mouth and it slid through his razor-sharp teeth. He chomped up the pork through his mouth and swallowed it. "Wow" I whispered with a really surprised face. Then me and my friends moved to the next animals to view. We came across this large exhibit filled with hundreds of bamboo. "It must be the panda's exhibit" I said with excitement. In the corner of my eye climbed a panda. Everyone thought the panda was the cutest thing they have ever seen. Everyone got to feed it with the panda food through the food tube. "They can be a little bit dangerous" the zoo keeper said. Then we carried on with the tour. There were heaps others too. The End.
Image attributions : https://howtoconserve.org/2015/08/28/baby-pandas/
http://www.picshouse2.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6955

Activity 2 - Indigenous animals
I have been asked to tell you about 2 Indigenous animals that are from Japan. Here they are: I have chosen the Japanese Weasel and the Japanese macaque. The Japanese Weasel is also known as a  Mustela itatsi. The Japanese macaque is also called Snow Monkey. The Japanese Weasel lives on the Japanese islands of HonshūKyūshū and Shikoku. The Japanese macaque lives in the Nagano Prefecture or in Northern Japan. Japanese Weasel's eat mice,frogs,birds,and insects. Snow monkeys eat meat and vegetables. They also eat bark, twig, fruitinsects, eggs and small mammals. 
Image result for snow monkey
Bonus - Kakapo
Image result for japanese weaselThe Goverment are trying to prevent the Kakapo from becoming extinct! I have been asked to come up with one idea to prevent this awareness. My idea would be to make a   a animal centre just for them! Then searchers would look across the country to find as many Kakapo's as possible and take them to the animal center. Then all the Kakapo's can make families and then when there is enough we can let them out in the wild. 

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\kakapo image.jpg
http://www.arkive.org/kakapo/strigops-habroptila/image-G41488.html

Thanks for reading
By Mitchell M.
21/01/17


 



  



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mitchell!

    We can't believe that you are on Day #18 either. Where did the time go?! We will really miss blogging with you regularly but, instead of dwelling on the sad stuff, we're going to focus on the fact that you've written another great post. Awesome work.

    I particularly enjoyed the descriptions that you provided of the Japanese macaque and the Japanese weasel. I can honestly say that I had never heard of the weasel before reading your blog post. I had come across the macaque as I actually had the chance to see them for myself when I was living in Japan. I was teaching English in the Nagano area for a year back in 2007 and I went to the Jigokudani Park (hot springs) to see them. It was incredible! I went with a friend of mine from New Zealand and with our Japanese friend, Koji. He was able to show us around and explain to us what the monkeys were doing. They were fascinating - they acted in ways that were so similar to humans. It was a bit eerie!

    I hope that you have the chance to visit the macaques one day. It is well worth the trip :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.