Friday 23 December 2016

Mitchell - Summer learning journey # Day 6

Good morning bloggers. Today well yesterday was Day 6 of the Summer learning journey. Lets go!

English
Canada, United Kingdom, Australia
Spanish
Chile, Mexico
German
Germany
Malay
Malaysia
Japanese
Japan
Arabic
United Arab Emirates
Afrikaans
South Africa
Hello
Hola
Hallo
Hello
Kon'nichiwa

Marhabaan

Hallo
Thank You
Gracias
Danke
Terima kasih
Arigatogozaimas

Shukraan

Dankie
Do you speak English?
¿Habla usted Inglés?

Sprechen sie Englisch?
Adakah anda bercakap Bahasa Inggeris?
Eigo o hanasemasu ka?

Hal tatahaddath alanjlyzy?

Praat jy Engels?

Welcome to the beautiful country of your choice. Before you leave the airport and go to your hotel, you will want to learn how to say hello in the language of your country. Look at the table below to learn basic words and phrases that you may need when you are travelling around the country.
Activity 1 - Culture,Customs and Climate
I read the phrases and I am ready to leave the airport to go to my hotel. If I was in a foreign country in a airport I would be quite nervous but happy at the same time. 
Here is a short poem describing how I would feel at a foreign country:
Image result for poem

I step out the plane in heavy rain,running inside with heaps of time. Really nervous and scared too,why don't I go back to go undo. Standing in a airport don't know what to do,why don't I go learn some Japanese Kung - Fu. Running to a taxi,a taxi to pack in a hurry so I need a tic - tac. My mind is busy and also very dizzy,what do I do I need to eat Food. Arrive at the hotel It was just the road down,check in my room and put on a tune. I am all alright I was just having a fight.

Activity 2 - Face
Here is my look I would have if I was in a foreign country and I did not understand anything. I would be confused.


Bonus - Translate

I have been asked to translate 5 basic phrases into any of these 6 languages : Spanish, German, Malaysian, Japanese, Arabic or Afrikaans. I choose Japanese because it is the country I have chosen to learn about these holidays.

Good morning = おはようございます (Ohayōgozaimasu)
Good bye =  さようなら(Sayonara)
How much does this cost? = この費用はいくらですか?(Kono hiyō wa ikuradesu ka?)
When is the next bus ? = 次のバスはいつですか?(Tsugi no basu wa itsudesu ka?)
Image result for japanese languageWhere is the nearest hospital ? 一番近い病院はどこですか?(Ichiban chikai byōin wa dokodesu ka?)

  
Thanks for reading
By Mitchell M.
23/12/2016

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Mitchell,

    Great work on those phrases! It is fantastic to see you continually putting in such an effort!

    I really like the poem. I happen to really enjoy martial arts! I wonder if you could find out Japan's top martial arts for me - there are some really cool ones, just like the Chinese Kung-Fu or Korean Tae Kwon Do. I would be interested in seeing which one you think is the best to learn.

    Kia kaha,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.